Larry,
I don't wanna start a discussion on the forum about this but just a little
comment hi.

>Unless, of course, you intend to make the ridiculous suggestion that hams
>should purchase the "latest and greatest ham radio technology" with the
>understanding that it will only work properly on 10-year-old hardware and
>5-year-old operating systems. ;-)

Did you read the specifications ?
The MB has all the latest technologies + older but in our case very needed
ISA slots.

I started to look again after this Motherboards due a telephone call I
received yesterday from a Belgian government. They had to buy a
5300 $ PCI board to control a high tech machine !! but with the board I
suggested they have all the latest technology and the extra ISA slot(s) to
control with simple add-on board for less then 300 $.

If programming was easy done for PCI LPT boards why NOBODY has done it so
far ?? Because they are lazy ? I don't think so, maybe it can't be done
under XP, maybe because there is no need anymore since recent printers work
with USB nowadays and we are only a small group that use the LPT port for
something else or the pci board that can be controlled is to expensive,
maybe we should ask Bill Gates WHY.

Same problem is there for USB to Serial ports, there is only one brand I now
that works OK for FSK - CW & PTT all other brands I've tried suffer with one
of the outputs.

BTW Happy Xmas and DXfull 2005

Guy ON4AOI