From: Jim Reisert AD1C
Date: 05/24/04 11:31:53
To: George
Cc: dx4win@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Dx4win] LoTW procedure

At 05:42 AM 5/24/2004, George wrote:

>1. I selected via the filter all QSO's for one of my calls ( I use a
> combined log).
>2. DX4WIN Version 6.03 saved them fine as an ADIF file. all 58,051 of them.

George, you should use the Labels -> Export for LoTW function to do
this. This will set the Upload and Upload Date flags in the logbook for
these QSOs.

>3. Uploaded this successfully into LOTW.
>4. Next I downloaded from LOTW all the QSL'd QSO's relating to this call 1
> 223 of them ( It's a call I have not used for 8-years) anyway it came down
> FB as an ADIF file.
>5. Then I created a log with a different name into which I imported this
> ADIF file.
>
>I did this because I cannot find any mention of how I import the LOTW info
>back into DX4WIN.

Again, this is not the correct way. Download the lotwreport.adi file from
ARRL. Import it into your DX4WIN log as an ADIF file. Before starting the
import, there is a dialogue box "Options for Duplicate QSOs". Choose
"Imported QSO sets Upload Confirmed Flag". This will set the LoTW
Confirmed flags in your logbook only, without changing any other data.

USA +978-251-9933, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13 1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC