From [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Tue Oct  5 10:34:53 2004
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jim Reisert AD1C)
Date: Tue Oct  5 10:43:03 2004
Subject: [Dx4win] also interested in importing counties

--- Peg Haese <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I also am curious about importing county info from
> contest logs. However the contest in question is the
> TX QSO Party and I used NA. How do the contest county
> abbreviations get filled in correctly in DX4Win? I've
> held off converting logs recently because of this.

Peg, there is no abbrev -> County Name mapping built into DX4WIN.  As you can
imagine, this would be quite a task for Paul.

Assuming people can get their logs in ADIF format, I can try to write a
mini-conversion program this weekend for CA and TX.  I will read in ADIF and
write out ADIF.  I will only try these two states for the time being, but may
do others in the future as need arises and time allows.

If Peg and the person who wanted to import CA counties to import could send me
their ADIF logs, I can use them to debug the process.

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC