-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ernie Howard
Sent: 07 September 2004 12:08
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; dx4win@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Dx4win] EXT DATA Mystery

Move your 'callbk' directory to the root of C drive, "C:/callbk". Then
set in
prefrences for "QRZ CD ROM", and data directory as "C:" with nothing
else. It
will then find the data.

73 Ernie W8EH

Joe Giacobello wrote:

> I have been successfully using the RAC (Flying Horse) database on my
> hard drive for several years to look up call signs through DX4WIN's
EXT
> DATA routine.  This weekend I picked up a copy of QRZ's current
database
> and attempted to do the same thing, i.e copy the database to my HD and

> access the callsign info from the HD.  For some mysterious reason that

> doesn't work.
>
> Although I have declared C:\program files\qrz ham radio\callbk as my
> data directory in the preferences>EXT DATA menu, I get a "database not

> found" error.  However, if I put the original CD ROM in my ROM drive,
it
> returns the proper information.  In other words, despite my declaring
> the C: drive as the data drive, DX4WIN is getting the data from the CD

> ROM and refuses to access the C: drive when the CD ROM is removed.
>
> I switched back to use the RAC database on my HD and that works fine.
>
> Does anyone know what's going on here?
>
> Tnx es 73 de Joe

Ernie Howard, Jr    W8EH    Middletown, Ohio
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
How's the weather at W8EH? - http://wx.findu.com/w8eh
Web Page: http://home.cinci.rr.com/w8eh