At 09:11 PM 9/8/2004, Larry Alkoff N2LA wrote:

>Examining both files of qsl managers I find that many stations do not
>agree when I compare them using windiff.
>Windiff is an excellent visual compare program from the Windows cd.
>Apparently 6.02 reports qsl manager _dates_ as dd/mm/yy but 6.03 reports
>qsl manager dates in mm/dd/yy format
>so all such records show up as differences.
>
>Does anyone know if this is the reason for so many errors?  I suspect not
>since 6.03 is supposed to be able to handle those.

The QSL manager date format matches the QSO date format in your preferences.

There were some errors with importing QSL manager data into 6.02, the dates
were changed wildly into the future, i.e. year 2057 and the like.  There is
no consistency to the error, so it's hard to fix them.

If you suspect it's just a month/day swap, then send me your .TXT file (the
one you exported/want to import, ZIPped of course) and I'll fix it for you.

73 - Jim AD1C

p.s. the QSL manager database that comes with 6.03 is much better, and
Release 9 will be better still.

USA +978-251-9933, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC