Ok Guys thank you to all who have replied I get the idea.  I am a CW
animal myself so I know what it is all about.

I'm glad I am not the only one who found the advertising a bit like a
help file.  If you know the answer it makes perfect sense. If you don't
it's not a lot of use.

Isn't it amazing how sometimes we take one step forward and two back.  I
have used and written my own code for CW sending to LPT back in the bad
old dos days and yep it worked 100%.  Then I did run into the stutter
problem when I changed to windows programs.  I have upgraded my computer
and changed to sending to a com port, all seems to be ok again for now.

Even though I'm not in the market for a winkey I have a question.  Can
you interrupt a message mid stream after it is sent to the winkey.  I'll
give an example, I use writelog and have found it useful when you have a
partial call to initiate sending the exchange then when the part call
has been sent hit escape then hit the function key where I have a ?
programmed in.  Get the idea?  I know you can interrupt with paddles but
that is not the same, I'm on the keyboard I don't want to have to move
to the paddles.

That brings me to another point.  I hope winkey has better timing for
paddle input than the K10.  I have a K10 here gathering dust, I don't
know why but I fight with that thing every time I use it.  I find the
timing on my old super keyer II just so smooth in comparison.

Any way the idea of buffering out to another processor would seem to
have merit and it does seem to be getting embedded into other interfaces
and supported by other programs so it shouldn't be long before DX4WIN
does too.

73 John.