 -----Original Message-----
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  On Behalf Of Tony Lord
Sent:   Tuesday, February 22, 2005 3:56 PM
To:     'DX4WIN List'
Subject:        [Dx4win] Band decoder

Hi all,

My dreams were answered with the latest version of DX4WIN V6.04 which came
with the ability to "control" a 2nd LPT port under XP and thus use more than
one device which need LPT ports. In my setup, LPT1 is the rotor control, and
LPT2 now controls my band decoder (ON4AOI) via the computer, rather than
from transceiver output (ICOM IC756 ProII). Using the transceiver was never
perfect as the rigs output control voltages were not reliable.

So controlling the band decoder from LPT2, and when also using the cluster
spot window, with no station selected in main window, the band decoder
receives message to change antenna. So I am on, say 20m, tuning around,
having not yet entered a station, the band decoder receives the message that
I am on 20m and selects the appropriate antenna, fine! Then the spot comes
up on say 80m, the band decoder detect this and for a second or two changes
antennas, then reverts back to 20m. If the next spot is 20m, no problem, but
if next spot(s) are different frequencies then click, click, click off it
goes.

Is the any way that the software (controlling LP2, band decoder) can ignore
band selection from spot cluster window, while still accepting band changes
made directly from the transceiver??

OK simple answer is to write something in main window (i.e. station
callsign, single letter all more) but.........

Would appreciate peoples comments

73's de Tony G8DQZ