Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
From [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Mon Jan 17 09:47:06 2005
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (JerryVan)
Date: Mon Jan 17 09:51:53 2005
Subject: [Dx4win] LoTW export fixed (?) in 6.04

I'm still a bit of a newbie to DX4WIN but the improved way that LoTW will work
sounds great to me.

Jerry  N8BM

Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 08:29:18 -0500
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: dx4win@mailman.qth.net

Hi Folks,

Paul sent me DX4WIN 6.04 beta to test and he has implemented my suggestions
for LoTW export.  I want to make sure the crowd agrees.

First things first, the problem with exporting QSOs where the "QSL Method"
was set to "Ignore" has been fixed. These QSOs will now be marked for upload.

I originally did a LoTW upload in September 2003, before the LoTW stuff was
added.  I just exported my whole log (at the time) to ADIF format, signed
the file and uploaded it to LoTW.  But since DX4WIN 6.02 did not have the
LoTW functionality, I had a bunch of QSOs to "re-export".

1.  I created a DATE selection of my current log, but ending 06 September 2003.
     Note that you can not simply use F8 because that takes a start date,
not an end date.
2.  Labels -> Set Upload Flags
3.  Labels -> Export for LoTW

At this point, DX4WIN had exported all the QSOs, but I wanted the upload
date to match my records, so:

4.  QSO -> Multiple QSO Operations -> Set Upload Date

Now my log is correct going back to September 2003.

Going forward, it's very easy. Now I want to upload all my latest QSOs
(those that had not been uploaded before):

5.  Remove all selections so the whole log is active (if you have
filters/selections enabled)
6.  Labels -> Set Upload Flags.  This sets *only* those QSOs where "Upload = N"
7.  Labels -> Export for LoTW.  This exports *only* those QSOs where
"Upload = Y" and
     the upload date is blank. In other words, QSOs that were not
previously exported.

Now you have an ADIF file with just your newest QSOs, and you can sign and
upload that file to ARRL.  The next time, just repeat steps 6-7 again.

Note that you can always restrict the range of QSOs that you will upload
using a combination of Filter selections and/or F8. You may need to do this
if your log contains contacts from different callsigns. The LoTW functions
will always ask you if you want to use the current selection/filter, and
will warn you if you are *not* using a selection/filter.

Does this sound like the way people think LoTW uploads should work?  Please
make your opinion known to the reflector as well as Paul so that he can
make any needed adjustments to 6.04 before it is released. I am very happy
with the way it works now, it seems more straightforward (intuitive) to
mark and upload new QSOs.

73 - Jim AD1C