Left-click on the spot, then right-click and select "Listen". It's 2 mouse
clicks (one left, one right), but better than 1 click then control-L. (For
what it's worth, I wouldn't mind seeing something like double-right click
to do this, or perhaps even using a click on the mouse wheel (if available).

Better still (as long as I'm wishing), it'd be nice to make any of the
right-click window functions assignable to a mouse click (left,middle, right).