Jim, you wrote:

"Can you please explain more about this?  DX4WIN will submit any
confirmation towards any band/mode that helps your DXCC totals
towards those particular band/mode awards.  Are you saying DX4WIN
doesn't do this, or that you want DX4WIN to *not* do this?

73 - Jim AD1C"

How it works, as I remember:
  - I submit a new country for "mixed" credit because I'm going after my
first DXCC credit for that country.
  - DX4WIN credits it for mixed ONLY. (or it has in the past)
However, once a card is submitted to ARRL for DXCC credit, the QSO,
date/time, band, mode are all recorded, and it is available for credit
for any award.  It does not need to be resubmitted.  So, the DX4WIN
submission for these (i.e., submission where there is no existing band or
mode submission already done) should be upcated to indicate it is now
submitted for those awards, even if you're not submitting for that
particular award at the same time and may do so in the future.
Otherwise, cards are being submitted (and charged for by the ARRL) for
band/modes already credited.

What I don't know is whether this has been corrected in DX4WIN or not.
Whether or not you ever plan to submit for a RTTY DXCC, if you've worked
P5 on RTTY only (like me - brag, brag), then I want it to credit both
RTTY, and the band as well as being for "mixed" credit.  Makes sense to
me, anyway!  (Without this fix, I must remember to go through all my
submissions and check to see if they are a new band/mode and manually
change DX4WIN submission for each otherwise my records and the ARRL
records will not match, and DX4WIN will later tell me I need to resubmit
the same P5 card for another endosement.)  Sorry, I didn't lay that out
in very good order.

        73,  Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas