From [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Tue May 31 14:49:17 2005
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (n3drk)
Date: Tue May 31 15:00:55 2005
Subject: [Dx4win] Pricing version 7 and beyond

The software is getting to be expensive. Granted the freeware out there cannot
touch dx4win with the many features but 25 bucks here and 25 bucks there, soon
you will have paid over 200 bucks for the logging software. Now is it worth
that much money? Not for me it is not.

On the other hand I am presuming the price for dx4win version 7 is still going
to remain at $89.95. My personal opinion is to raise the price for a newcomer
and give a better discount for the loyal owners who have been around for the
past 4 to 5 years. Say 10 bucks.

73s
john-n3drk
> The software is getting to be expensive. Granted the freeware out there
> cannot touch dx4win with the many features but 25 bucks here and 25 bucks
> there, soon you will have paid over 200 bucks for the logging software. Now
> is it worth that much money? Not for me it is not.

I think the pricing is fine as-is.  DXbase charges $50 upgrade for each new
major version, and they come out annually.  DX4WIN charges about $25 upgrade
for each new major version, and they come out every couple of years.

Do the math.

USA +978-251-9933, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://www.ad1c.us
Have spent all updates since version 2 ( app. 200$ )

Maybe 4000 user exist - it's a kids calulation.

I will spent 25 bucks - but only for a real major release . For good work I
will pay.

73 Chris

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----