John,
        I'm in front of my computer now - go to Preferences, to the QSO
tab, and UNCHECK the "Callsign Update" entry.  See if that fixes your
problem.  I think that's the one, but I'm not sure.  On my setup, it is
checked, but the only time that the callsign follows the incoming spots
is if I have pressed F9, and the callsign field is empty (i.e., it's
waiting for me to type a call in).  I never leave it in this condition.
I hit F9 just before I'm going to enter a call to log it.  At any rate,
hopefully this answers your question.

        73,  Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas