Dear All,

I have had the Ham Radio Deluxe (HRD) software for some time but until
having met the author and attended his demonstration at the RSGB's HF
convention this last weekend, I had not used it too much. Now I have up
loaded the latest version (its free) and I think its going to be great for
remote operation!

With the help of Erik SM0JCA I was able to configure two virtual com ports
which allowed DX4WIN to communicate via HRD, while HRD communicated with my
rig/computer. This gave me the advantage of DX4Win's great logging abilities
(and antenna switching / rotator control via DX4WIN) but also, at the
moment, complete control of my rig (ICOM IC 756 Pro II) from my computer.
Later this will lead to remote control too.

HRD also has logging software buts its reporting facilities are not as good
as DX4WIN's. However it has two very useful functions (only 2 I have found
so far, maybe more!!):

1.      If you call up QRZ.com from within the HRD logging software then all
the data from that site can be brought in to the QSO details. Name, address,
locator etc. etc.

2.      Providing you have location of the station you are talking to
(bearings or locator code) then the push of one button brings Google Earth
up and one ends up seeing the station's, you are working, location. Maybe a
gimmick but great fun! (obviously you have to have Google Earth software on
your computer).

It would be nice to see at least (1) above and maybe (2) above included in
DX4WIN, is this possible??

73's de Tony G8DQZ