Actually, seeing something that was on 8 hours ago is sometimes
useful, especially for a DXpedition because it gives you an idea of
what bands they are working at what times of day and what times of day
people in your part of the world are hearing them.  The bigger problem
with this approach is that I don't know if you can filter the DX
Summit spots based upon the geographic location of the person posting
the spot.  I typically use a telnet cluster that filters out
everything except spots made by U.S. stations on the West Coast (where
I live).  I would really want to load in only spots from West Coast
stations.  Would that be possible?