From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of K0CF
Sent: 14 February 2007 16:10
To: dx4win@mailman.qth.net
Subject: RE: [Dx4win] DX4Win on Windows Vista

Roger et al,

Thanks for the tip on right clicking on the DX4Win icon... A little further
amplification on this technique follows.

If you right-click on the DX4Win shortcut icon, a context menu will pop up.
Select the last choice on the list, "Properties". In the window that opens,
click on the "Compatibility" tab at the top, then click the check box
labeled "Run this program in compatibility mode for:". Now select "Windows
XP (Service Pack 2)", if it is not already selected, in the drop-down list.
Finally, at the bottom of the dialog box, check "Run this program as an
administrator". You can also click the "Show settings for all users" button
and make these changes for whomever may be logged onto the PC. Click "OK"
and you're done.

If you have more than one shortcut to start DX4Win, you will have to apply
this change to each of them.

After doing this, DX4Win does run under Vista, although you will get a
warning message from Windows each time you run it. I cannot comment on the
availability of the LPT port, since I have never used that port for ham
radio purposes, and my new Dell computer has no LPT nor COM ports.

Thanks to all of you who have contributed to this discussion. It has been
very illuminating!

73,
Craig, K0CF