Jim,
There is a separate window that opens in DX4WIN when you receive a talk
message. I still have the window open in 7.0.2 but it was initialized
from an older version. I'm not sure how one would get to this now with
the choices in "preferences" as I looked for an option to check and
couldn't find one.

73

Wayne

Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
> At 01:06 AM 2/27/2007, John Desmond wrote:
>
>> Since I  upgraded  to 7.02 (some time ago)  I  have lost my talk
>> window and cannot  find  any  info in the help  file as to where to
>> turn that back on.  Any clues out there?
>
> Hi John,
>
> There is no separate Talk window.  Do you mean the Warning Messages
> window?
>
> In File -> Preferences -> Packet1, change "Warning Messages" to "List
> in Window" and save.
>
> 73 - Jim AD1C

I think we're talking about the same window.  It's called, "Talk messages and
announcements."  Enable it thew way I describe below.

73 - Jim AD1C

--- Wayne M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There is a separate window that opens in DX4WIN when you receive a talk
> message. I still have the window open in 7.0.2 but it was initialized
> from an older version. I'm not sure how one would get to this now with
> the choices in "preferences" as I looked for an option to check and
> couldn't find one.
>
> 73
>
> Wayne
>
> Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
> > At 01:06 AM 2/27/2007, John Desmond wrote:
> >
> >> Since I  upgraded  to 7.02 (some time ago)  I  have lost my talk
> >> window and cannot  find  any  info in the help  file as to where to
> >> turn that back on.  Any clues out there?
> >
> > Hi John,
> >
> > There is no separate Talk window.  Do you mean the Warning Messages
> > window?
> >
> > In File -> Preferences -> Packet1, change "Warning Messages" to "List
> > in Window" and save.

USA +978-251-9933, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://www.ad1c.us
Yes Jim, I think that's the one. That should give John his Talk Window back.

Thanks for all the extra effort you do.

73,

Wayne  WA1PMA