From [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Mon Jan 22 11:14:42 2007
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Juha Rantanen)
Date: Mon Jan 22 11:16:31 2007
Subject: [Dx4win] missing states in NA import

Peg Haese KB9LIE wrote:
> What am I doing wrong? I have been adding contest logs to my DX4WIN
> files for myself and also the OM K9OT. This is for our home calls as
> well as the FP ones.
>
> When I import NA files, the states do not show up and I have been
> adding them manually. There's got to be a better way. Naturally this
> refers to contests that use the state as part of the exchange.

That's because NA places the state information in ADIF file to a comment
field not to a state field as it should. You must open your ADIF log
with a notepad or equivalent and locate from the first QSO line the
state information. In one of my old ARRL DX contest logs the state could
be found from comment field i.e.

<call:4>K4XS<freq:6>14.000<mode:2>CW<qso_date:8>20000219<time_on:4>0002
<rst_sent:3>599<rst_rcvd:3>599<comment:4>FL  <eor>

If your log looks the same as my example you must a replace command to
replace all the "comment:4"s with "state:2"s (without the hyphens).

Juha OH6XX