--- Rick Borken <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I wonder if anyone else has seen this since upgrading to version 7.03.
>
> I have my preferences set so that the upload to LOTW flag is set to Y for
> all my QSOs. In the past, when I imported a contest log into DX4WIN, this
> flag would be set to Y for all the imported QSOs. Then when I wanted to
> upload QSOs to LOTW, the contest QSOs, as well as non-contest QSOs which had
> been entered directly into DX4WIN, would all be included in the upload. Now,
> when I do this, it appears that the contest QSOs do not in fact have the
> upload flag set to Y, so that they were not included in the upload. The QSOs
> which were entered directly into DX4WIN do have the flag set to Y however.
>
> I can work around this, but having the upload flag set to Y is certainly a
> convenient feature. Is this a bug in 7.03?

Hi Rick and group,

I think I know why this broke, but it should not have.  Remember, I did not
write the code, so I can only speculate.

I asked Paul to solve the following problem:

- you export a log to .DXQ format
- you import that .DXQ file into an empty log

If the original log had the Upload flag CLEAR, 7.02 would SET the flag in the
new log.  This is not how I believe that DXQ import/export should have worked.
The newly imported log should exactly match the previous log, in other words,
exporting then importing DXQ should be a "lossless" ("gainless"?)
transformation - no data should be added or removed (changed).

So Paul changed this in 7.03.  However, he might have changed "importing log
sets upload flag" for all cases, instead of just the .DXQ case (where it should
get the upload flag from the .DXQ file itself).

There is a way to work around this problem.  Labels -> Set Upload Flag will set
the upload flag for any QSOs in your log that have not previously been exported
for LoTW.

Jim Reisert AD1C/0, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://www.ad1c.us