What I've generally done is that for a single card, I find it easier
to just write it out by hand and update the QSO record manually.
(Here's a tip: In the QSL date field, if you press the up-arrow key,
it will insert the current date). I then adjust the fields for
confirmed and for marking that a label needs to be printed.

It's a pretty low-tech solution, but it does work.