Jim & Paul:

Thanks for the comeback. .  .

I read the F1 help before my first post; I find the F1 help often
gives more information than the Manual.  But this time both left me
confused.

I don't see anything in Windows (XP - SP2) that designates the audio
cards as 0 or 1 or -1 or anything else except their names as listed
in the Device Manager - "Creative Soundblaster Audio PCI . . . ." and
"Creative Audio PCI . . . .".

So no matter what I designate(I have tried all 5 possibilities) in
Preferences | Control | PSK Sound Card, DX4Win always seems to be
linked to the original card in my computer - "Creative Soundblaster
Audio PCI . . . ."  where PSK seems to be working fine.  I just seem
unable to get DX4Win to link to the second audio card.

Bill,  W3QB