Ken,

This solution is a mixed blessing because there are a number of records
in the hamcall
database that exceed the capacity allocated by DX4WIN. The routine to
retrieve data has
a parameter indicating the maximum length of the buffer, but this value
is ignored by
hamcall32.dll. (Try a lookup for SM0W)  When this happens, all kinds of
data gets
overwritten etc crashing DX4WIN. The best solution is to get an updated
hamcall32.dll,
but I do not know if there is a newer version available.

For the next release I have increased the size of the buffer, but that
is just a bandaid solution
because next time a record is retrieved exceeding the new limit the
problem will show up
again.

--Paul