--- Ken Kopp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks to ZL1BYZ and KA9CFD, I may have found
> the cause ... but not the reason ... for the program
> shut-down when entering a "W5A*** call.

Hi Ken,

I assume that while you are logging, you have the F3 window open, and it's
updating in Real Time.

W5A is a 1x1 call, and there are number of QSL managers listed in the country
file for this (and other 1x1) call(s).  I'm positing that one of those managers
is causing the problem.  Are you entering QSOs in real-time or off-line mode?
If in off-line mode, what is the DATE when you see the problem?  Using the
following table of W5A QSL managers, you should be able to identify the manager
for that particular date.  Note that the date format is DD/MM/YYYY.  You should
find that if you enter the managers callsign (instead of simply W5A), the
program should also have problems.

W5A,01/11/1998,N5AN
W5A,15/06/1999,N5KB
W5A,01/11/1999,N5AN
W5A,01/12/1999,N5KB
W5A,15/06/2000,KD5HPS
W5A,01/11/2000,N5AN
W5A,15/03/2001,N5RLM
W5A,01/12/2001,N5RXS
W5A,01/03/2002,N5GTD
W5A,01/06/2002,K1JNN
W5A,21/06/2002,KD5DXW
W5A,01/08/2002,N5BIG
W5A,06/12/2002,N5RXS
W5A,15/05/2003,W5IQS
W5A,14/11/2003,N5AN
W5A,05/12/2003,N5RXS
W5A,14/05/2004,W5IQS
W5A,25/09/2004,KE5C
W5A,03/12/2004,N2JAS
W5A,13/05/2005,W5IQS
W5A,25/06/2005,KB5YAM
W5A,22/10/2005,W5QGU
W5A,02/12/2005,N2JAS
W5A,10/06/2006,AA5AR
W5A,28/10/2006,KB5YAM
W5A,01/12/2006,N2JAS
W5A,02/03/2007,K5ADI
W5A,19/10/2007,KE5EGK
W5A,30/11/2007,N2JAS

Here's an example.  Say you are entering a QSO in your log with W5ABC on 1
January 2006.  The most recent QSL manager in the list above for that date
would be N2JAS (starting 2 December 2005, ending 10 June 2006).  Therefore, if
you try to log a QSO with N2JAS, and it goes to lookup that call on QRZ, then
you should also have problems.

Let us know what you find out.  It's possibly a data buffer overrun problem,
and Paul can possibly add a work-around.

Jim Reisert AD1C/?, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://www.ad1c.us