Hi

Just trying RTTY with dx4win + mmtty for the first time. However, Im having
a problem keying the transmitter ... .
Is it possible to setup up Dx4Win to use software commands for PTT (OR via
LPT port ?).
Currently i have to change tx/rx manually :=)

Also: "QSO"->"Special keys CW/RTTY" does not seem to work in the QSO window
when working RTTY. It unchecks itself every time i hit a function key to
active a text macro.

The setup is:
COM1: WinKeyer
COM2: FT-1000MP
PC: older compaq (450MHz). WinXP.

The COM2 port interface is not fully implemented (or broken) regarding
RTS/CTS/DSR. I found this out when connecting the Winkeyer to COM2. It only
worked, when connected to COM1. Winkeyer needs theese lines for powersupply.

The radio is connected to the PC via the backpanels "packet" input. When
working RTTY you put the radio in packet mode.
Unfortunately, Dx4Win records this (correctly enough) as a "PAC"  QSO when
logging. Is there any way of changing this, so RTTY is recorded ?

I have experimented with the .RIG file and and change the mode string for
"PAC" to the same string as "RTTY". When i click on a RTYY spot on the
dxcluster window - it sets the mode on the radio to "PAC". However, this is
changed the next time the PC polls the radio for information, and the QSO
mode flips back to "PAC" :=)

--
Best DX!
OZ1AXG Flam