From: dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net [mailto:dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net]
On Behalf Of Jim Reisert AD1C
Sent: Saturday, March 14, 2009 5:52 PM
To: DX4WIN POSTINGS
Subject: Re: [Dx4win] LOTW, DX4WIN and contest logs

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Bill AC0W <a...@charter.net> wrote:

> Group numbers work good as long as you have fewer than 254 contests to
> enter. Once you exceed that you need to find some other way of
> differentiating the different contest groups.

There is no need to assign a unique group # to each contest. I have a
group number for ARRL DX CW, a different group number for CQ WPX RTTY,
etc.  You can separate contest logs base on the group number AND date.
 You'll need many fewer groups this way.

Jim Reisert AD1C/Ø, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us