After many differents tries, including rebooting after each, I've made it work
finaly ! Seems System kept traces of old ver 6.04 in the Registry or somewhere
else.

For anybody running ito the same problem, I am giving details of the

Final succesful procedure:
- saved all  DXL logs (home, expeditions etc..)and INI file
- deleted all directories/files and shortcuts of v. 6.04
- uninstalled v. 7.07.02 and deleted all remaining folders/files
- deleted two dx4win.chm shortcuts found in c:\docs and settings\RK\recent\
- re-started PC
- installed DX4WIN v. 7.07.02
- started DX4WIN in Demo mode: Help worked OK! Exit.
- copied DXL logs to Save directory
- extracted License Key to DX4WIN root directory
- started DX4WIN: licensed version opened, Help still OK
- opened F6GNZ.DXL log : Help OK
- Preferences: merged old INI file, wrote ini file, save and exit
- Help NOW WORKS FB !

Thanks to Jim, Mel and Paul for suggestions and efforts to help me solve the
issue.

Best 73,Radi F6GNZ