Hi Roger,

V8 key files only work with V8, V7 key files only work with V7.

Open a command prompt (Start|All Programs|Accessories|Command Prompt)
and navigate (cd) to the directory where the program is installed:
C:\DX4W801 or wherever you put it.

Use the DIR command and see if you have a file like this:

6/07/2009  12:36           1,082  AD1C_lic.dx4w8

It must have the name: <yourcall>_lic
and the extension: .dx4w8

It's possible that the file extension was stripped off when you saved
the key (Thunderbird E-mail client tends to do this).

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us