Jim, Paul & Oms,

I can verify that this is a problem using com port keying.

My first two letters are sent together with no space when typing CW on
the keyboard. If I type a string of 5 characters quickly, the first two
are sent together, the remaing 3 are sent spaced normally.  When using
preset 'F key' for sending, it works normally.

It's not just the first two letters after opening the window, it is the
first two letters every time you type two or more.

I am using com port 4 for keying, with a split cable, so I can also use
com 4 for radio control. I am controlling a Yaesu FT-920. My keying
interface uses the DTR line. I am using Windows XP Pro.

This was not a problem in version 7.

73 Ernie W8EH