I think I'm getting it...
First off, I wrote yesterday about an apparent bug in 6.04, on "Mailed
Cutoff".  Further info is that past the mailed cutoff, the QSO doesn't
change from "M" to "W"...which is what I would have expected...but rather
changes from "M" to unworked.  I can see why you'd want to do this, but
it's not what I expected to happen.
Moving on to 8.01...
Transferred smoothly, took a bit of haggling to get all the AWARD settings
right to get the DXCC and WAZ counts to match.  I think it's been covered
to some extent before, but you could have lower WAZ counts, particularly on
the WARC bands, because of the 1991-01-01 start date that 8.01 is aware of
but 6.04 (in my case) was not.
The eQSL & LoTW imports/exports work nicely.  Thanks!!
The Satellite accounting works nicely as well.  Extra Thanks as that one
was important to me.  One small nit:  Reading my 6.04 log, RS-12 QSOs that
were 15m/2m (uplink/downlink) came up in 8.01 as "Other".  Easy to fix
though.  Plus now I don't have to keep all my different satellite QSOs in
different logs/groups in order to keep track of the satellite name (whew!).
The one "bug" so far, though it's small...after updating eQSL
confirmations, and running a WAZ listing, you cannot successfully
double-click on the report cell and get the corresponding QSO.  So I had a
few new "C" come up from eQSL, but double-clicking on them returned "No
corresponding QSO found".  A separate filter search on that band-zone
combination successfully returned the corresponding QSO.
One request (not high priority):  for us VHF types...adding propagation
mode would be nice.  I can do it in QSO notes but there's other stuff there
too.
Thanks Paul good stuff.

Scott Townley NX7U
Gilbert, AZ  DM43di