It's a reminder of how log D4W has been around. There are still a few
"artifacts" of an earlier age in the way D4W works.

It reminds me of the first time I saw a PC with sound. I was very
impressed... it was an Apple! Must have been in the early nineties which
is probably when Paul wrote the CW routine ;-)