So has anyone else got any thoughts about the issue with CW keying
locking up in version 8.03? As I posted to this list, I've tried
literally every combination of using CW Keying & PTT on both DTR and RTS
with no luck. I've tried a completely clean install on the same computer
with the same issue. (Specifically, sending any CW results is the rig
going into xmit and staying there, until I either exit D4W or go into CW
setup and select then de-select Tune). The only test that I haven't done
yet will be to move to a different COM port. (The problem is that if
that works, I need to reconfigure all the other software that I use.)

This works perfectly using version 8.02 (and prior) using the exact same
hardware configuration. I've verified the the keying setup continues to
work with programs that it worked with before I went to 8.03, and even
added a couple of new programs recently just as a test which all work
fine. (DTR on COM3 to be used for CW keying. I normally don't use PTT at
all since I run QSK, but it doesn't seem to matter whether I have PTT
configured or not.)

I'm temporarily using CWType (a 3rd party program) to send CW from the
keyboard, but I'd really like to have the functionality back. I know
that I'm not the only one complaining, and I do know this can be a busy
time of the year to get around to things, so I am just trying to remind
the folks out there that I'd really like to get this working again. I am
more than happy to try test/debugging builds, whatever it takes. (And
I'm trying to get my fist so that this would be a lot less of an issue,
but it's just slow going folks!)

Thanks.
--

        David, K2DBK