I have been using both Dx4win and MixW for years. I use Dx4win as my master
logging database for a number of reasons; including searching (filters),
QSL'ing (including LOTW), award tracking and the ability to keep track of
QSL Managers. With a number Dx'editions, contest admissions and multiple
calls signs from having living outside of the US, Dx4win is an excellent
logging program for me. But, I am preaching to the choir on this reflector.
I do not expect Dx4win to be an all encompassing program. I use MixW for
PSK31, RTTY and CW contacts. It has an excellent algorithm for CW copy for
those of us you need a crutch when it comes to CW. Even with that, MixW and
Dx4win are not contesting programs and I use other programs when I contest.

Given that, I find it very easy to copy my database and contact between the
two programs using the *adif format. When copying from MixW, I highlight the
contacts in MixW (search in Log file, whole log) and then save them to an
*adif format. In Dx4win I then import the *adif file into a temporary
logging file I call "Import Log File" ( I overwrite this file when I am done
so I do not import duplicate records). Once I have checked the imported
file, I merge it with my appropriate log file. When moving files from Dx4win
to MixW, I use a reverse process.

It's easy and quick. The whole process probably takes me no more than a few
minutes to complete.

Irwin KD3TB