I just came home tonight to find that my dell Optiplex 755, which runs
DX4win, had rebooted. It appears that it rebooted after being forced to
reboot and download some update forced by Microsoft. The display was the
wrong size as though whatever download had occurred had changed my monitor
calibration.

However, when I tried to load DX4WIN, it was like the ini file had been
erased or maybe gone back to an earlier ini file, maybe even the default
that you get from Paul when you buy a new license and program, because
everything about the program was different. My call was in there, but all
the station information was gone or wrong (e.g., wrong lat / lon, all the
modes boxes were checked where I had only checked the ones that I really
work, and the packet window was reset for no packet). It was like I was
using a default ini file. Now I have started to recreate the layout that I
like, but all spots are grayed out and none of them show their worked or
needed status. The country database seems to be gone, but the logbook seems
to be OK. When I try to open the country window, I get the following error
"Fixed Column Count must be less than column count"

I have no idea what just happened. Can anyone give me a clue. Has the
program lot the INI file, and if so, how should I get it back without
creating all sorts of problems.

              73

                              Gary      W5FI