It is possible to read the second VFO "on demand"
instead of only when polling?  I think it would
be safe to bounce the VFOs like you are doing at
the point of writing a log entry and when
processing an ALT-A command.  At least I would like to try such a system.

Dick

Dick Flanagan K7VC
d...@k7vc.com