On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 10:25 PM, David Kozinn, K2DBK <k2...@arrl.net> wrote:

> The file actually doesn't have a header at all. The first line was a
> <CALL:6> just like any other data record. The issue seems to be that D4W
> expects there to always be a header.

You just need an <EOH> at the top of the file, before the first QSO.
That signals to DX4WIN that the header is done and the QSOs are to
begin.  In this case, the header is empty, but DX4WIN still requires
the "end of header" separator.

It also keeps DX4WIN from reading files as ADIF that are NOT ADIF
(yes, they could have '<' as the first character on a line).

I believe that DX4WIN is doing the right thing.  I'll ping the ADIF
reflector, as you pointed out, it does not explicitly say that <EOH>
is required, but I believe most developers have inferred this.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us