On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 4:44 PM, Peter Thulesen <ox...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Can any help with this:
> When downloading from the eQsl Archive I don't get an ADIF file downloaded to
> my PC.
>
> What I get is a lot of web-pages with the raw data shown no downloaded ADIF
> file.

What web browser are you using? It may be interpreting the download as
a web page and trying to render it.

> I'm using the link on the bottom of the Archive page that says: 'Download
> entire InBox in
> ADIF format'? That takes me to another page where I select the '.ADI File'
> link.
> I then save that file to my PC desktop. This file is not recognized by DX4WIN
> as an ADIF file
> that can be imported by DX4WIN.

I'd try right clicking on the ".ADI File" link and choosing "save as"
to save the resulting .ADI file to your PC. You should then be able to
open it.

> When I click on the .ADI file on the eQsl web-page 'Download entire InBox in
> ADIF format' following
> is shown on the webpage (see copy in italic below).
> Copy of response from eQsl web-page:
>
> ADIF 2 Export from eQSL.cc
> Rneceived eQSLs for OX3XR
> for QSOs between 15-Jun-1982 and 01-Jan-2010
> Generated on Friday, May 6, 2011 at 08:14:14 AM UTC
> <PROGRAMID:21>eQSL.cc DownloadInBox
> <ADIF_Ver:1>2
> <EOH>
> <CALL:5>G3YMC<QSO_DATE:8:D>19820930<TIME_ON:4>2002<BAND:3>20M<MODE:2>CW<RST_SENT:3>599<RST_RCVD:0><QSL_SENT:1>Y<QSL_SENT_VIA:1>E<EOR>

That's a perfectly good ADI file so DX4WIN shouldn't have problems
importing it. Try using the "Save As" shortcut and see if that helps.
73,
    -Rick
--
Rick Murphy, CISSP-ISSAP, K1MU/4, Annandale VA USA