Unfortunately, my QSO with HP1 tonight was interrupted by numerous
pauses, making me feel like I was learning morse code again.  Which I
might actually be doing, to tell the truth.

Another examination of the Task Manager showed the Firefox 4 32-bit
executable doing battle with the Firefox add-on container executable for
top spot in the CPU usage list.  This might be because there is an issue
with Firefox *32 under Windows 7 64-bit that is exaggerated by the use
of these add-ons on the QRZ.com web pages, which I use as my home page
in the shack.  I went into the Help menu of Firefox and disabled add-ons
and the test (under full power) seemed to show the lag/pause was gone.
Only real operating will prove that.  More later.

I want to say that with each item I have removed, from Aero Themes, to
MSFT Office doc caches, to Adobe Startup executables, the system has
become more responsive.  The fact I now have voice announcements in the
shack (rather than keying the radio) is a major plus.

Now all I have to do is get the pause outa here.

I have asked a friend who is active on the Firefox development forums to
let me know if they hear something about the add-on container and
Windows 7 64-bit.

73, Byron