On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 4:19 AM, Sidney Will <sidw...@lineone.net> wrote:

> I have bought a Samsung Laptop which I am hoping to use
> when on the air. It runs my contest logger without problems
> but when I try to run DX4WIN I get instructions to move a
> system file to windows\system32\drivers. I have moved the
> file but the program still does not run.  What to do?

Run DX4WIN *once* as administrator (right-click on the icon and select
"Run as Administrator". This will give the system permission to
install the file.

You should be able to run normally after that.

Also, if you installed DX4WIN under C:\Program Files (x86), I
recommend you uninstall it from there and reinstall it as C:\dx4w7xx
or somewhere else, otherwise you may have problems updating the data
files.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us