>The only way software can read the 'B' VFO on an ICOM radio is to
>temporarily make that VFO active, read the frequency, then make the
>'A' VFO active again.  My IC-7600 does the same thing...

Although this is a true statement, the more important question is: "Why does
DX4Win need to constantly poll VFO B?"

The software does not need to know VFO B information until the "Add QSO" or
<Enter> key is pressed. Otherwise, who cares if the radio is in split mode
or what the frequency is for VFO B? Furthermore, since the newest version of
microcode for these radios allows the software to determine whether the
radio is in split mode, there is no reason to poll VFO B unless the radio
tells the software that the radio is, in fact, operating split... and then
only at the moment you press the <Save> button.

Seems to me there could be a whole lot less jumping going on.

-larry
K8UT