Forwarding message for VE7BZ

--Paul, KK4HD

The day finally came when the old XP machine that has powered DX4WIN for
so many years died -- and it was replaced with a Win7 box. While I have
most things restored, I am stuck with an LPT port problem.

I thought I could simply install a PCI (Express) LPT port card and get
going once again, but such is not the case due to the manner in which
Win7 or the card -- I'm not sure exactly which handles the port
addressing. The card in question is a StarTech model called PEX1P and
according to their tech support person it's not mappable -- so they
could not tell me the real port address.

When I look at the card in Device Manager the Resource tab tells me the
I/O Range is D010 - D017 and D000 - D003. Again according to StarTech,
the only card they can give a real address for is a mappable model such
as their PCIPM card -- but it's not available in PCI (Express) -- only
straight PCI.

One more thing. I am running DX4WIN v8.05, but when I run the
'lptdriver.exe' file from within the Drivers folder the executable
always suggests installing the program in a folder labeled c:\dx4w803 --
not 805. I have restarted the computer according to the instructions
given when installing on a 64-bit system but DX4WIN always starts with
an error message saying it can't find the LPT port.

So -- yes I need some help to sort out the problem. If you've had
experience with this issue I'd sure appreciate your insight and or
suggestions.

73 de Paul, VE7BZ