From: dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net [mailto:dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net]
On Behalf Of ALAN ZACK
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 5:57 PM
To: 'Dave Earnest'; 'DX4WIN'
Subject: Re: [Dx4win] Duplicates

This shows why it is such a good idea to save your dxl file BEFORE making
major changes to your log. It is as easy as going to FILE> SAVE AS. This
opens your SAVE folder. Right click on your CALL.dxl file. A drop down menu
appears. Select SEND TO and send a copy of the dxl file to a thumb drive or
any other back up file or device. Then if you make a change and discover it
is messed up you can go back and replace the messed up dxl file with the one
you saved and start over. I do this before making any DX4WIN CTY file, etc,
updates and even before importing contest logs just in case something gets
messed up. OR, with the SAVE folder open rename the current dxl file so it
will be saved as is. Then if need be you can use the older saved dxl file to
restore DX4WIN back to where it was before you made the changes.

Alan, K7ACZ