LOTW has a new TQSL configuration file that can be downloaded and installed into your tqslcert program. What this does is add JT9 to its mode list of recognized modes.

DX4WIN has JT65 and JT65a as modes. So, for JT65-HF QSO's, I log them as JT65A and for JT9 QSO's, they are logged as JT65 into DX4WIN with a comment in the
notes for this QSO field stating the actual mode used.

In the TQSL program under Preferences/ADIF Modes, I have added JT65>JT9 to the list in the program.

Now when I export my QSO's from DX4WIN for LOTW, TQSL will signed the adif file and upload those contacts as JT9 into LOTW.

This is how I am getting around the problem until DX4WIN is updated. Pick an unused mode to log the QSO and then map it to the proper mode in TQSL.

Hope this helps. One other note, the TQSL Configuration file can be found when you log into LOTW under Your Account/Your Certificates. I downloaded it to the folder containing my tqslcert and tqsl exe programs and then double clicked on the file to open it. It then installed itself.
73 Jay

Jay Hainline KA9CFD
Colchester, IL EN40om