It also works fine on 12, 10, and 6 meters on my 756 Pro III. I also
checked when tuning below the band edge and the arrow appears to track
at least a little bit below the band.

One thing that I think can confuse DX4WIN is if you have CI-V
"Transceive" turned on. That tells the rig to broadcast frequency
changes, which can interfere with DX4WIN polling.
73,
    -Rick

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Dave Perry, N4QS <n...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Hal,
>
> I finally had a chance to test the bandmap on 12, 10 and 6 again as you and
> Jim, AD1C requested.  It works fine on all bands with my K3.  It will move
> the red arrow up and down as I tune the rx.  It will jump to any spot
> (callsign) on the band whenever I double click on that spot -- either from
> the DX Spots window or the bandmap window.  I have been active on 6M this
> summer, and I frequently use the bandmap to jump from one spot to the next
> on that band.  It essentially tracks the Radio Frequency control window that
> I always have open when using DX4WIN.  When the frequency is read from the
> K3 and updated in the Radio Frequency control window, it updates the
> frequency by moving the red arrow on the bandmap simultaneously.  But I just
> closed that window and the bandmap still works fine on its own.  It also
> tracks any frequency changes that I make using any of the memories from the
> K3.  I just noticed that when the K3 is in split mode, the bandmap tracks
> the VFO B frequency.  When I turn split off, it immediately goes back to
> tracking VFO A.  All of this testing was done on 10M.  But it works fine on
> all bands.
>
> Dave, N4QS

Rick Murphy, CISSP-ISSAP, K1MU/4, Annandale VA USA