Because of
their performance and reducing prices, SDR receivers are becoming very popular.
It is very
attractive to use SDR for reception and the existing Rigs/PA’s for
transmission.
To make it
all work together, there should be a possibility to synchronize
bands/frequencies
and modes between SDR RX and the existing TX.

Alex,
VE3NEA has developed  a free software,
the OmniRig (www.dxatlas.com/omnirig/‎),
which permits synchronization of almost all existing rigs with the SDR RX via
the logging/control program; a list of programs already supporting OmniRig is
also on this site.

It would be
great if Paul would kindly add the OmniRig support to DX4WIN and include DX4WIN
to this list.

In
addition, software like DXLab Suite (CI-V Commander) can already provide
support for SDR consoles via its the "Secondary CAT Serial Port".  Other
loggers can do the same - DX4Win
already has the technology in place with its "SteppIR" support - if
the developer of the logging software wishes to do so.

I have just
completed the assembly of the Genesis G11 SDR. It also has transmit
possibility, but only 10-watts, so I’d prefer to keep the existing combination
of DX4WIN/FT1000MP/Alpha77/microKeyerII w. SteppIR control for TX and  to use
the G11/GSDR console for RX. The
Ft1000MP BCD band data gives me  in addition the  possibility for the
remote antenna switching via the BCD/decimal converter.

think this would be the great upgrade to the fine DX4WIN program and I am sure
users would be ready to pay for it!

Best 73, Radi F6GNZ