From: dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net [mailto:dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net]
On Behalf Of (K7ZO) Scott Tuthill
Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2014 10:18 AM
To: dx4win@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Dx4win] County and Grid "Refill"

There has been one behavior of DX4WIN that has irritated me for years so I
thought I would finally post a note and see if anyone has figured it out.
When I am logging in QSLs received I enter in the County, Grid, and First
Name of the operator. Then, on a second QSL or QSO on the same card I have
to reenter the County and Grid all over again while the first name gets
"Refilled" on the record. I can't think of a time where I have ever had the
County and Grid change between QSOs or QSL cards. Is there a way to have the
County and Grid fields act like the name field and get "Refilled" as soon as
one entry is made for that callsign? I looked through preferences but didn't
see anything.

Note that if I Add a new QSO with a callsign having County and Grid already
entered then yes they get "Refilled". But if I merge a DX4WIN log into the
existing log then the "Refill" does not occur. And this is the way I usually
populate my log. I have a log for a contest which is exported from the
contest software as ADIF. I then create a new DX4WIN log to make sure I have
all the import parameter correct. Then I merge this new DX4WIN log into the
existing master log. That way I minimize the risk of messing up the master
log during the import process.

Scott/K7ZO