I have never had the pleasure of using a software program that is supported as well as DXLab. It is not unusual for a question or bug or enhancement request to be made one day and have a response available the next--sometimes even the same day.

The DXLab support group averages over 1,000 messages each month. This doesn't mean the program is buggy, but that no question is too small or repetitive to ask and receive an almost immediate response.

Of course there is a learning curve, but the suite is made up of eight separate programs that talk to each other. Start with one, get comfortable with it and then add another.

I have been a DX4WIN user for over 20 years and finally made the switch to DXLab earlier this year. DX4WIN is adequate for 90% of the amateur community. It is an especially good fit for new or low-activity hams. DXLab can take care of just about everyone.

DXLab is free from http://dxlabsuite.com/

--
Dick Flanagan K7VC
d...@k7vc.com

On 2014-09-06 8:53 AM, Dave Perry wrote:
It would be nice if Paul would communicate with his user base a bit more
frequently.  I think he is trying to set some sort of a record to see how
long the program will maintain an active user base without him ever
responding or providing an update again.  Hi, hi

But I must say that DX4WIN still performs flawlessly in managing my 80,000+
contacts across several different call signs.  It also interfaces
beautifully with SteppIR and the Top Ten Devices DX Doubler (SO2R box) and
Band Decoder -- and my two K3s.  Plus, we get all of the great free support
from Jim, AD1C.

If Paul was trying to charge us an annual maintenance fee, that would be a
different matter.  I have tried converting to HRD and DXLabs several times
and both come crunching to a halt when I try to load in my number of
contacts.  There is also no practical way to automatically enter all of the
DXCC confirmations for almost 2,500 band/countries into a new program.

Unfortunately, I do not recommend DX4WIN to friends given the lack of
support and communication from Paul and the uncertainty of support for the
program going forward--especially when new users would have to pay for a
non-supported product.  But whenever logging programs come up for
discussion, I tend to be quiet and count my blessings that I have the best
program on the market--and I don't have to pay an annual maintenance fee.
Why let everyone else in a our great little secret?

In short, it is still an excellent program and it's free!  Shh...!

73,

Dave, N4QS