I am running DX4WIN ver 8.05 in a Windows 8.1 without any problems. My
installation folder is c:\dx4win as is also was in Windows 7 and Windows XP.

Isidro here are some suggestions

1) is there user access to the folder? E.g. is the folder read only settings?
2) is there some administrator rules missing? E.g is it possible to copy the
file OUTSIDE DX4WIN? Is it possible to rename the dxl file to another name?
3) have you tried to copy the dxl file to another folder and start DX4WIN by
double click on the DXL file?
4) Is the DXL files copied from a DVD? If you you have to remove the write only
settings (right click on the file and choose properties)

I hope that helps.

Vy 73 de OZ0J / 5Q2T

Joe

QSL MGR of 5Q2T, 5P12EU, 5P14EHC, KH0/OZ0J, OX5T, OX5M, OX/OZ0J, OZ0J and T88VW