Greetings,

In the DX4WIN QSO window, in the upper right-hand corner is a display-only
field that shows a logged station's Country|IOTA|GridSquare, Heading, and
Distance. I would like to know if this information is saved as part of the
QSO record, or if it's calculated on the fly. I would like to create a
report (or export) of my log data and includes the distance (from my home
QTH) so I can do some reporting / analysis by band.

Is the distance calculation an internal algorithm that displays the value
only, or is the data available to report on?

If the answer is no (distance is not stored) then if I export my log data
along with a grid square, does anyone know of a macro or external function
that I could call  from Excel to calculate to populate a distance column?

I'm already anticipating the response "how do you know if the QSO was LP or
SP?". Well, I don't. I think it's by far the majority of my Q's that were
made via a LP, and I don't record that (generally).

TIA

73, Tom

K8BKM