Thank you for all the comments so far.

At least a couple of people have pointed out that changing the
membership list selections doesn't necessarily change the Ids shown in
the Memb column in the DX spots window.

This is sort of a bug, or more properly, a feature that hasn't been
implemented yet.  I should have added this to the To Do list.  The
Updater program needs to notice that the list selections have changed
(since the program was last run), and EVEN IF none of the underlying
data files has been updated, should generate a new Membership List,
based on the new selections.  This is also true for Master Callsigns
and the Calendar.  If nothing is selected, then the Updater should
delete the file entirely, so DX4WIN doesn't find/load it.  It won't
cause an error with DX4WIN, simply that feature won't be functional in
the logger.

I am pretty sure I know how to make this work in the program, I just
need to write the code.  I'll make sure it's in the next version
(9.1).

Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us