Randy, make sure you have at least one mode and one band selected in your station preferences. --Paul, KK4HD

I checked this, based on earlier answers in the reflector. I had all modes selected and many bands.

This solution from Jim AD1C did the trick. I simply moved DX4WIN.CFG to another folder. All working again. Pretty sure a Windows 10 update is what made things quit working.
73 Randy K0EU