Yes John, I have this also configured for my external drive. But after saving
some QSOs that followed the lost ones, the saved log did not have these any
more...
73, Radi f6gnz
    Le mercredi 11 avril 2018 à 18:25:09 UTC+2, John, K9EL <k...@comcast.net> a
écrit :

 In the QSO Tab in Preferences, there is a location at the bottom to add a
secondary backup location.  I have entered a location on a different hard
drive in case of a hard drive crash.  I have only had to use the secondary
directory once, but I sure was happy that it existed!

73,
John K9EL

-----Original Message-----
From: dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net <dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of Jim Reisert AD1C
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 3:08 PM
To: Radivoj Kar, F6GNZ <f6...@yahoo.com>
Cc: Dx4win Support <supp...@dx4win.com>; DX4WIN Reflector
<dx4win@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Dx4win] Last QSOs lost!

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 1:21 PM, Radivoj Kar, F6GNZ via DX4WIN
<dx4win@mailman.qth.net> wrote:

> This is already a second time it happens to me. I suppose it may have
happened to other DX4WIN users: I had two QSOs with 3b7a on 14 and 18 MHz
today. I just forgot to save log after these QSOs, and continued listening
other bands. Then, there was a spot for 3b7a on 28 MHz, I clicked on it and
did not hear anything. After this, I wanted to close DX4WIN to open Fldigi
and got a message asking me do I want to save QSO. In a hurry, I said NO and
DX4WIN closed without saving the previous 14 and 18 MHz 3b7a QSOs! When I
realised what happened, it was too late!
> I know, it is too much to ask for automatic backup of the whole (large)
log, but it would be great to be able to automatically backup and store few
QSOs that have been entered after the last log saving!

DX4WIN already has this feature!  Look for the word "Modified" in the top of
main DX4WIN window after you log a QSO.  Timer starts.  For the first two
minutes, the timer is RED and the QSOs are not saved yet.
After two minutes, the word "Modified" turns BLACK and the new QSOs are
saved in a temporary log file.

In your DX4W### (i.e. DX4W805 or DX4W903) directory -- NOT the SAVE
directory), there should be a couple of files with names like:

    DX4WIN.DXB
    DX4WIN.~XB

These are the backup files created when the log has not been saved for the
last two minutes (120 seconds).  See if those files are there.
You will have to copy or renamem them to .DXL so DX4WIN can open them.
They *may* have your missing QSOs.

Also see:  http://dx4win.ad1c.us/appnotes/backup.html

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us